Full Job Description
Olshan Properties is a privately owned real estate firm that has specialized in the development, acquisition and management of commercial real estate for more than 55 years. The close integration of investment and operating capabilities has given Olshan Properties a reputation as one of the leading private owners of commercial real estate in the country.
Residential Property Accountant supports the Residential Accounting team and is responsible for month end accruals, security deposit refunds and back up for the AR collections.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced in the CM and/or RM module of the MRI real estate system or Yardi.
- Prepares month end journal entries, review and post system generated entries, maintain prepaid and amortization schedules.
- Assist with AR process to ensure all cash postings are accurately posted and delinquent payments are forwarded to inside legal.
- Assist with income variance analysis.
- Ensures all transactions comply with Income Tax Basis of Accounting.
- Assist with budget and reforecast process for all revenues, expenses and cash flow.
- Assist with RPIE process to ensure outside legal counsel is in position to appeal to real estate taxes.
- Performs various related financial duties, hands-on support, and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Prepare year-end tax work papers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Protect employer’s privacy and data; keep passwords safe.
Knowledge and Skill
- MRI or Yardi a must
- 2+ years of experience in accounting for residential real estate
- Ability to communicate with others, identify problems and resolve potential conflicts.
- Must be able to set priorities, plan, organize and accomplish tasks, often within strict time limitations and work well independently.
- Possess excellent computer skills with working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, database software and the internet.
- Ability to move throughout the premise and visually inspect conditions requiring bending, stooping, and reaching arms overhead.
- CPA/ CPA Candidate a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field required.
- Three years of progressive accounting/audit experience.
- NYC residential accounting experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Olshan Properties makes all hiring decisions based on an individual’s qualification, and conducts all employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age or disability or other protected classes, as provided by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible