The Director of Finance is responsible for hotel division accounting and financial reporting.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure monthly GAAP financial statements are accurate and reported on a timely basis.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly, and any issues are addressed timely.
- Review and report on accounts receivables monthly including communicating any AR issues immediately.
- Review and approve AP invoices.
- Oversee corporate chargebacks as it relates to hotels.
- Manage onsite hotel accounting staff including assessing workload and training needs.
- Act as back up in the absence of an onsite hotel controller.
- Management and oversight of direct corporate reports including coaching, counseling, hiring, training, etc.
- Review Best Practices quarterly and identify any potential process improvements
- Coordinate field work for external audits.
- Quarterly lender reporting including calculating current and forecasted DSCR.
- Assist with hotel budget and forecast process both operating and capital.
- Assist and counsel department heads in the interpretation and analysis of financial data, recommending courses of action to maximize hotel profitability.
- Ensure best practice for cash control for each property.
- Develop and conduct an annual Audit of property level financial reporting.
- Assist in evaluation and implementation of standard/consistent sales bonus and commission programs across the portfolio.
- Ensure Profit Sword is maintained and used effectively.
- Special Projects as directed for process improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Protect employer’s privacy and data; keep passwords safe.
Knowledge and Skill
- Demonstrated ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external economic and financial issues which impact the business, to analyze data and forecast future market trends, and to develop effective financial plans based on businesses assessments in multiple locations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing people and multiple teams. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written to address all levels within the organization and ability to gain consensus and influence others.
- Ability to travel up to one week at a time.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting system or similar financial software for financial reporting, analysis, and presentation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance, budgeting and accounting processes and regulations with demonstrated knowledge of capital project management, standards and techniques, and GAAP regulations and procedures.
- Ability and desire to reduce closing times, impact the business and bring the group to higher levels of performance.
- Excellent technical accounting fundamentals and understanding of GAAP.
- The ideal candidate has previous experience managing multiple hotels or business units.
- Hands-on leadership expertise in a broad array of business situations ranging from growth to integration is preferred.
- Advanced skills in business technology including all Microsoft applications.
- Accounting Designation, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- CPA strongly preferred
- MRI or Yardi experience strongly preferred
- Ten years of hotel finance experience.
- Experienced in all areas of finance and accounting; capital project management, financial reporting, and analysis, merger and acquisition analysis, and related areas.