The Commercial Property Accountant oversees and participates in all residential accounting functions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced in the CM module of the MRI real estate system or Yardi.
- Apply daily cash receipts to tenant’s account.
- Maintain collections for delinquent tenant accounts in commercial portfolios.
- Able to review leases and tenant ledger and communicate with tenant.
- Review and prepared journal entries.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute internal monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, This includes all general ledger responsibilities, revenue and credit tracking, fixed assets, budget and forecasting analysis.
- Responsible for income variance analysis and overview of accounting controls and ensuring revenue functions (lease administration) are being recorded accurately in MRI.
- Ensures all transactions comply with Income Tax Basis of Accounting.
- Takes charge of the monthly/quarterly close process, ensuring all results are posted and thoroughly analyzed promptly and reported to executive management on a timely basis.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gain assurance that the reports are accurate and complete, with fluctuations identified and explained.
- Performs various related financial duties, hands-on support, and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Approve AR adjustments
- Prepare year-end tax work papers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Protect employer’s privacy and data; keep passwords safe.
Knowledge and Skill
- Ability to communicate with others, identify problems and resolve potential conflicts.
- Must be able to set priorities, plan, organize and accomplish tasks, often within strict time limitations and work well independently.
- Possess excellent computer skills with working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, database software and the internet.
- Ability to move throughout the premise and visually inspect conditions requiring bending, stooping, and reaching arms overhead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field required.
- Three years of progressive accounting/audit experience.
- Commercial accounting experience required.