Lease Recording Process; responsible for processing leases, renewals, agreements, and licenses.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain tenant lease files.
- Entry and maintenance of new lease documentation in the accounting system including but not limited to; start and ending date of lease, Rent commence date, free rent period, TI amount; etc; option term; base rent and escalation term. % rent, Tenant Pro-rata Share
- Maintain suite and building tables to ensure the accounting system reflects the correct square footage of each suite/building
- Maintaining lease generation to properly reflect terms for each lease period
- Entry and/or verifying recurring charges, critical dates, sales reporting requirements, renewal/termination/kick out options, insurance requirements, co-tenancy clauses, CPI rates, late fees, etc.
- Ensure percentage rent is properly tracked, recorded and collected
- Responsible for CPI rent updates in MRI
- Monthly reporting, including rent roll reconciliation and distribution, expiration reports, and the lease summary report
- Manage critical dates including Execution, Delivery, Opening and Vacate
- Track and finalize RCD; distribute RCD Letter/Agreement to Tenant
- Assist property accountants with year-end tenant recovery reconciliation billing/invoicing
- Handles special projects and other duties as assigned
- Protect employer’s privacy and data, keep passwords safe
Knowledge and Skill
- Ability to read and interpret lease documents
- Ability to communicate with others, identify problems and resolve potential conflicts
- Must be able to set priorities, plan, organize and accomplish tasks, often within strict time limitations, and work well independently
- Possess excellent computer skills with an understanding of spreadsheets, word processing, database software and the internet
- Yardi experience preferred
- 3+ years Lease Administration experience
- 3+ years’ experience in real estate, required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred