Full Job Description
Olshan Properties is a privately owned real estate firm that has specialized in the development, acquisition and management of commercial real estate for more than 55 years. The close integration of investment and operating capabilities has given Olshan Properties a reputation as one of the leading private owners of commercial real estate in the country.
The Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced in the CM and/or RM module of the MRI real estate system or Yardi.
- Monthly rent up (review and post tenant recurring charges)
- Apply daily cash receipts to tenant’s account.
- Apply cash receipts to tenant’s security deposits account
- Maintain collections for delinquent tenant accounts in a commercial and residential portfolios.
- Contact tenants via email or phone to address past due amounts.
- Document tenant conversations and status of collections in MRI system and aging reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements with tenants to accounting, leasing manager and legal.
- Address any appropriate tenant adjustments with accounting, leasing and legal. Follow up that the adjustments were made properly.
- Discuss with accounting and legal, bad debt provisions for delinquent tenants.
- Keep an updated list of delinquent tenants including those in bankruptcy.
- Help prepare and organize weekly meetings including providing AR/collections schedules.
- Review late fees to the leases
- Help approve release of security deposits after review of tenant account.
- Should have familiarity with commercial leases and be able to ready and understand the leases.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
- Protect employer’s privacy and data; keep passwords safe.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in accounts receivable, credit and collections
- MRI or Yardi a plus
- Strong Microsoft suite skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail, time management, and excellent customer service needed.
- Business technology savvy.
- Must be available evenings and weekends if needed.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Olshan Properties makes all hiring decisions based on an individual’s qualification, and conducts all employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age or disability or other protected classes, as provided by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17,673.00 – $88,007.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Generating financial statements and A/R reports
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining A/R accounting policies and procedures
- Collecting customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Waiting period may apply